Two words: Music. Festvials. We here at Dicks Cottons are all about getting our festival on. Honestly, what’s better than camping out, waking up right after sunrise, and day drinking with people who dig the same music as you… all before the first of your favorite bands comes on at 2 PM? Nothing. Literally nothing is better. That’s why we figured we’d hook you guys up with the list of solid essentials to bring with you to each and every festival you attend. Yeah yeah, everyone knows to bring alcohol, food, and a tent, but there are some things that any veteran festival-goer forgot to take on their first fest. And since we’re all about living comfortably, we’re just trying to make sure your festival is as comfortable as possible.
Sunscreen: It may seem like a no-brainer to the gingers of the world, but even the tannest of us need some protection out there. Also, bug spray. Mosquitoes suck. Protect your skin.
- And while we’re talking about running around, please remember to bring sneakers. While I am the biggest advocate of flip flops, they’re not always the most conducive to hours and hours of walking/dancing/standing. Comfy shoes make happy feet (and everyone knows Happy Feet love to dance… like the penguins, get it?).
- While dancing, you’re bound to work up a sweat. Please remember DEO FOR THE B.O. That’s right, kids. Deodorant. This may seem like a no-brainer to most of us, but I’ve smelt some stinkers in my festival experiences, so I felt like it needed to be said.
- To all the ladies out there, dry shampoo. It’s your savior. No, it’s not as great as a shower, but trust me, you’ll thank me for this. And in all honesty, even if you’re not at a festival, pick up a can anyway. It works like hairspray and it could help you in a crisis – like if you sleep in late and don’t have to time wash and blowout before work!
TOILET PAPER. I’m a huge advocate of BYOTP. Not only do port-o-potties see a lot of use during festivals, there’s nothing worse than realizing mid-pee that the lou is outta TP. Plus, it’s the fastest way to make friends in line!
- The fastest way to make friends at a festival – besides drinking, obviously? Bring your pop-culture/movie reference A-game. (See: Happy Feet ref. above)
Purell/Hand Sanitizer. You can legitimately never have enough.
- Other necessities: toothbrush, toothpaste, bottled water; canopy, table (for drinking games), soccer mom chairs; chloraseptic throat spray (all that singing, shouting, talking, and the BOMO will get to you); blankets (yes, all my friends passed out on the grass at 4 PM during Kendrick Lamar); a reusable water bottle (festivals have water stations.. gotta keep that hydration up); a car cell phone charger (this is crucial).